Delicious Vegetable Briyani
preparation time : 20mins
cooking time : 25-30 mins
serving : 4 adults
Basmati rice soaked - 400 gms
Onions diced - 200 gms
Tomato - 100 gms
Carrots - 1 medium size
French beans - 10
Green peas shelled - 15 gms
potato - 1 small
Green chilli - 5 number
puthina ( fresh mint leaves chopped )- 2 table spoon
koithamailli ( fresh coriander leaves chopped) - 2 table spoon
yogurt - 1 table spoon
Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
coriander powder - 1 tablespoon
Ginger garlic paste - 1 1/2 table spoon
Salt for taste
Oil - 100 ml
ghee - 1 table spoon
Cloves - 5
cinnamon - 1/2 inch stick
Bay leaf - 1
1. Boil rice in 5 cups of salted boiling water until three- fourth done.
2. Drain excess water and set aside.
3. Heat a pan with oil and ghee once it heated add the cloves, cardamom, cinnamon ,bay leaf and roast .
4. Add onion saute until golden brown after that ginger garlic paste has to nicely cooked in the oil then tomatoes green chili, pudina, coriander ,red chili powder,coriander powder,tumeric powder, curd lemon juice and salt.
5. Mix well, add the vegetables let them cook for 5mins.
Finally add the half cooked boiled rice. Mix well with the gravy. cover and cook in dum process for 5 mins...
An authentic vegetable Biriyani is always slow cooked called Dum. Cooking briyani thru dum maintains its uniqueness and originality.
This is the how the biriyani has the beautiful medley of the aromas, flavours and tastes caused by the blending of the ingredients used in making it.
Authentic Dum cooking the food is kept is by way of mixing wheat flour into a dough and sealing the pan cover with the dough. This is to ensure the steam does not pass thru the pan cover. The food gets cooked in its own steam and juices on the slow fire, infusing the flavours and aroma of its own herbs and spices in the food. Nutrients are not lost in the process and thus the food id nutritious too...